- This event has passed.
Pub Quiz (pre-free day)
November 17, 2015 @ 22:00 - 23:30 UTC+0
Having enjoyed great success with our now classic and always popular Reykjavík-Open pub quiz’s, we thought we’d invite the ETCC’s participants and guests to try their hand at some answering. To that end, we’ve put together a plan, a convenient time, a close-by site and some expert hosts.
Useful information: The two winners of the last Reykjavík Open PQ are playing at the ETCC; they are both Norwegian and one of them is a World Champion – Can you guess who?; It’s GM Magnus Carlsen and GM Jon Ludvig Hammer who answered 26 of the 30 questions last March – Will they be back for a repeat performance?
- The quiz will cover a broad spectrum of chess history, some puzzles (hopefully chess-ones), former chess greats and really everything chess-related.
- The place is a convenient one; Ölver Sports-bar, placed at a comfortable walking distance from the hotels and the playing hall, 650 meters from Laugardalshöll.
- The teams should consist of 2-4 persons.
- The time; The quiz starts at about ten o’clock in the evening of Tuesday the 17th of November, and lasts for about 90 minutes.
- The registration; No registration needed – Just show up!