Today we introduce the German teams.
Germany, the championship winners of 2011 (Porto Carras), have a very strong line-up, led by GM Meier (2656) and including the former FIDE world-champion GM Kasimdzhanov (2704) as the coach of the open team! The women team is led by IM Elisabeth Paehtz (2452), their highest ranked female chess player!
The open team
- GM Georg Meier (2656)
- GM Daniel Fridman (2642)
- GM Liviu Dieter Nisipenau (2678)
- GM Rainer Buhmann (2612)
- GM Dennis Wagner (2579)
- Captain: GM Dorian Rogozenco (2526)
- Coach: Rustam Kasimdzhanov (2704)
- IM Elisabeth Paehtz (2452)
- WGM Zoya Schleining (2358)
- WIM Filz Osmanodja (2309)
- WGM Melanie Ohme (2308)
- Josefine Heinemann (2244)
- Captain: IM Davit Lobzhandidze (2423)
- Coach: GM Philipp Schlosser (2568)
We wish our German friends best of luck in the championship!